Sunday, August 2, 2009

:(

When I woke up in the morning it was just another day. I was so excited because it was Sunday! I just love church here. (well at home too but it is just different here) It makes me so excited! They people are so genuine. The pastor is really good too! (although today he didn't do a very good job translating so I missed a lot of it) The pastor was talking about how we needed to be volunteers and follow the law of our land by obey the rules as long as they followed God's word. They had a big Peruvian Independence day celebration at church since their Independence day here was on the 28th. At church, my dear friend Rita had to tell the Pastor that it was Karen and I's last Sunday here. I got really sad. I just try not to think about it and when it comes it comes. Well I had to go to the front of the church and the Pastor prayed for me and I said goodbye to everyone. I couldn't talk very well in the microphone because I was about to ball and trying to hold it in. Then after church Avis, Peggy, Rita, Karen and I had a girl's lunch and we took all the girls from the orphange out (except the 5 youngest girls) to a really nice resturant and had ice cream with them. It was a lot of fun!
Then when we got back Karen and I realized (with the help of a facebook message from my mom) that we had got our departure date wrong. All this time we thought we were leaving Tues. night but really it is tmro night. We spent about an hour trying to get a new bus ticket and getting everything figured out.
Then I made dinner for Rita and I. The rest of the night we just hung out with the kids watching TV and such. We were watching King Kong. There was this really nasty part where all of these bugs like huge roach things were attacking this guy in the movie. Then this huge beatle thing was flying around the room. It landed on Rita's leg. It was just like the movie sort of. lol I must say I was impressed how calm Rita was :)
My camera is currently out of buisness, but when I get home I will try and put some pictures on here. Or I might just make you all wait until you see me to see them all! You will have to save a lot of time for me because I have a ton of pictures!!! This will probably be my last post from here in Peru. I will let you all know when I get home. I love you all! Please be praying for me because tmro is going to be a really ruff day and then a long couple days of traveling before I get home to you all.
Also- pray for all the TPX people who are at camp this week in Colorado! They are leaving tonight around midnight. Which means Kailey, P-nut and Shelby won't be home when I get home. But I will get to see them soon enough....at this point what's a few more days!

3 comments:

ritaleelovesyou said...

It's so sad that you are leaving!
I wish you were leaving on the 14th! But I won't talk of such things!
I love you beautiful Aimeeta!

ritaleelovesyou said...

feel better!!!!!!!!!!!
no bueno being sick!
I am praying for you!

melissa said...

aimee your blog made me tear up because i can just imagine how hard it is for you to leave! i am praying for your heart and for strength friend!!!!!!!
can't wait to hear more in person!!!!
melissa