Thursday, February 17, 2011

Trust is a Must

According to dictionary.com
TRUST is .......
Trust: –noun
1.
reliance on the integrity, strength, ability, surety, etc., of a person or thing; confidence.
2.
confident expectation of something; hope.
3.
confidence in the certainty of future payment for property or goods received; credit: to sell merchandise on trust.
4.
a person on whom or thing on which one relies: God is my trust.
5.
the condition of one to whom something has been entrusted.
6.
the obligation or responsibility imposed on a person in whom confidence or authority is placed: a position of trust.
7.
charge, custody, or care: to leave valuables in someone's trust.
8.
something committed or entrusted to one's care for use or safekeeping, as an office, duty, or the like; responsibility; charge.


"Trust in the Lord with all your heart and lean not on your own understanding; in all your ways acknowledge him, and he will make your paths straight." Proverbs 3:5-6

What does it look like to to fully trust what God has in store for us. A question I feel like many people ask. Most people I know what to trust God, and they say that they do, but what does that look like?
Lot's of transitions are happening in my life right now. I don't even know what I am doing on a day to day basis. Trust is taking on new terms. God is teaching me what it means to full lean on him. He is the only one who can meet what my heart wants and needs. Today I am praying that God continues to reveal himself to me and teach me how to trust him. When you take that jump of faith outside your comfort zone into the unknown you are never disappointed. The safest place in the world is in the middle of God's will. I have so many thoughts going around in my head about what will happen in my future. Today I hold on to: God gave me today. He has a plan for my life each day. How am I choosing to use those minutes and days?
Just waiting around, applying for jobs for the Fall and trusting in God's plan for me. I am inching my way to the edge and getting ready to take the jump when God says it's time. Go!

No comments: