Sunday, June 14, 2009

The waiting game!

We are just sitting around the house waiting for Kailey to call us. They were suppose to arrive into KCI at 1:45pm. They missed their flight in Miami and have had problems ever since. There are about 30 of them traveling together so I think they have had to split up several times. She just called and got on a flight in Texas and is now headed home. I can't wait to hear about everything that happened this past week and to see how God worked! I am also excited to see how much it has changed since I was there last year.

Today at church we have been talking about "Mean what you say." This really got me thinking. In todays world we have become so accustom to using words to get what we want or to make people feel better. What have my words become? Is everything coming out of my mouth furthering the kingdom of God? I think not. I have a lot of work to do! We talked a lot about 1 John 3. God has called us to be his light. If we say that we are in the light then we need to act like we are. It is important to lay down your life for others because that is what God did for us. I like to think of that as taking the backseat middle in the car. That is the seat that no one wants. So as of now I am trying to set my own intensions aside to build relationships and further my amazing God's kingdom! Working on taking the backseat middle .......................

No comments: