Monday, July 6, 2009

3 Days until I leave!

Ok so I didn't mean to put that last picture up there, but that's ok. There is the happy newly engaged couple! Aren't they beautiful!

So I am officially leaving for Peru this Thursday the 9th. There is just so much I can't explain about the whole situation. Man God is good! I am really nervous but I know that God is going to be there every step of the way! Holding my hand, Sitting next to me, pushing me off my step....whatever I need.

Since some of you haven't really heard my heart in it all I shall share a little with you now: I was praying about going back to Peru with Gateway since I went last summer. I was saving up my money and MY plan was to go and that was that. As the time got closer I started praying about it and searching for what to do. It was kind of one of those looking but I still had my mind set type of things. But God just kept telling me to wait to make my decision. Then around spring break time Kevin (who is living in Pacasmayo now, where I am going) asked me to come visit where he was at. Was this what God wanted me to wait for? I prayed about it and everything just started falling into its perfect place.

God is funny like that. I just picture him in this huge warehouse with card tables lined up through the whole place....on and on and on. Each card table represents a person and God has their puzzle up on that table. He starts taking pieces from one person's table and adding them to another person's puzzle. Then it gets so big he has to move to the floor. Eventually everyone and every piece is perfectly placed. God cares that much that he perfectly builds each puzzle piece in my life and has the perfect place for each one of my pieces. I know cheesy but get over it that's how I am. lol

So now I am actually going to Peru. Yes I am scared. No I never saw myself doing this. But my dear sister once told me...you have to do something different to get something you have never had before. Might have said that before but it just really stuck with me. I am so excited to love on all of the children there! God is teaching me so much already! I am excited to see everything else he has in store for me.

1 comment:

Meagan Leigh said...

I love you my dear friend! And not to worry, God is going to be sitting right next to you--every step of the way! (Remember the "empty" seat next to me?) I love you and I will also be praying for you all the time!