Sunday, July 12, 2009

I've got the Joy Joy Joy Joy Down in My Heart

So here is a little update:
So much has happened since I have been here only a few days. I learned fast to ignore all of the whistling as I walk down the street. They aren't use to seeing blonde haired people here :)Today I woke up to a giant cricket looking me straight in the face. Good thing I had warning that they fly! lol I just threw my blanket over my face and pushed it off the bed. Oh the excitment of living here. It is so peaceful and stress free here. I love (at times) how they don't really have a lot scheduled. If church starts at 9am it might be more like 9:30am. This morning we all went to church to listen to a guest speaker. He talked about David and Galiath in 1 Samuel 17. God can use the little people in unexpected ways! Everyone told David that he couldn't do it. He was to young, not skilled, weak. The pastor talked about what was our Galiath in our life? This story just made me think about myself and how I feel like I am never good enough. Oh I am to quiet for that, I am not good at that, that's too scary, uh that's not really my thing. David didn't doubt at all. He had full faitht that he could do it. If God brings you to it, he will bring you through it! God gave David all he needed to fight his battle and he will give us everything we need to fight all of our battles if we have faith that he will. Since this week there are a lot of gringos here the paster helped interpret. All the joy in this church blew me away! People here are so sincere in everything they do. I hope this is making sence. I just have all these thoughts and feelings flying around in my head and am trying to get them all out! After church we went to a beautiful resturant. Rita and I shared chicken, rice, a salad, fries, and thier vesion of mash potatoes. not at all like ours but still pretty tasty! Today is visitation day here so the kids have all been excited to see if they will have any visitors. I am not sure what is planned for the rest of the day besides church at night. I love you all!!!

5 comments:

Armstrong's said...

i bet you are the talk of the town- cute little strawberry blonde gringa!! i just read that david/goliath story again a few days ago- love it!

Armstrong's said...

Hey Aimee...your sister told me about your blog at bowling the other night. We are glad you are safe and it sounds like God is showing you a lot...very cool. Enjoy yourself and we look forward to hearing more.

Jimmy

Joneses said...

Hey, do ya like those guys whistling at you?? We MISS you so much already, but know you are having the time of your life, and are smack dab in the middle of God's will. Lance had his baby girl Thurs...Ava Nicole. We are also trying to do Skype, but no one knows how here. I am TRYING. Love you much, love the blog, Mom and Daddy

Anonymous said...

hey aimee! i already love reading your blog and am so excited to see all that God has is store for you. Sounds like you are learning a lot :) I love you and MISS YOU!!! we should talk on skype sometime soon!

Alissa

Meagan Leigh said...

Hola Chica! I thought I'd use some of your "language" lol I miss you dear, but I did get to talk to you on skype and see your beautiful face!!! (apparently I'm not the only one that thinks so) I'm so glad your safe and enjoying life as it is in Peru...keep me updated and I'll talk to you when God sees fit! I love you!