Wednesday, July 29, 2009

Happy Panda Anyone?

Happy Panda Anyone? Ok so there is a couple of boys here who always come up to you and say, 'You want a knuckle sandwhich?" in english. (Compliments of Kevin last summer) Well I guess they were asking how you say bloody knose in english. Kevin told them it was happy panda. It cracks me up everytime! Today I heard it about a hundred times....."You want a happy panda?" The thing that makes me laugh is they totally don't know that they are saying. So cute!
So I have a special request- I have been told that I need to be more detailed....which I think I already am.....but I shall do my best for today.
I woke up at 7:30am. I layed in bed (just enjoying the silence- praying, reflecting, and thinking about the day) I got up about 8:25am? Maybe. I took a shower. Very short period b/c it was a cold one. I forgot to turn off the fan before I got in which leads to some very cold water. Then I got read to go for the day. At about 8:45 I had breakfast. This morning it consisted of some peruvian cereal with milk and a mandrin. Then I checked my blog, email, and facebook and wrote some people back until uhhh maybe 9:45- possibly. Then I went to check some of the kids laundry that I had hanging on the line. By that time my roomies were up and we headed into town. Tmro we are going to a young lady's quiencierra (sp?) Rita wanted to get some earrings so we went shopping. We went into one store and got earings for 1 sol each. Very cheap! Then we went to this little store to pick up some food. On my way there I stopped and got some fruit from my favorite fruit guy! He always picks out the best fruit for me! Then Rita headed back to the orphanage to start being a house mom. Karen and I went to the surf shop and got some t-shirts. Then we met Kevin and the Sam's family (a family from Blue Springs who is visiting for a few days) for lunch at this really good resturant right off the beach. I had a chicken sandwhich which was amazing! After that- they stayed to shop a little and Karen, Kevin and I headed back to the orphange. We took a moto back. I still want to video tape me riding in one of those things because they are so cool! By this time I think it is about 1:30pm. Karen and I start in on the delicing process Phase 2! The bell rings and mass Chaos starts in. We are attempting to shampoo and comb everybody out but it is crazy. You wouldn't think it would be that hard but so much comes up that you just don't think about. The sinks are really small so you can't get the kids hair very wet so we either have to hold them over the shower head (where we get soaking wet!) or get a bucket of water from the kitchen and bring in to the sink by the bathroom each time. Very slow process. All the while there are kids all around u being crazy kids. Today a little boy named Nelson ran up and stuck a packet of shampoo in his mouth. Karen had to chase after him to wash out his mouth. Things are looking much better lice wise. It is getter better! So that is a major praise to God! We finished for the night around 5:30pm. Karen and I then had dinner with the kids. It was leftovers from lunch- rice, chicken, two potatoe pieces, and a little sauce. It was good though. Then I came back to my house and put on some warmer clothes. Rita, Karen, and I gave Azsusena (sp?) - the girl who is having her Quincerra tmro- the birthday present we got her. (We got her matching braclet, earings, and necklace.) -Funny story there. Apparently it is 14 carrot gold and we got it really cheap. So crazy that we bought that and didn't even know it. Guess that is why it was locked up. She loved it! Then I came back and watched Karen make jewlery until we headed into town with Kevin, the Sam's family, and Fred, Peggy, Windy and her daughter Kailee (she is about 1 1/2 for dinner. Since we already ate we just went along to hang out. Poor Kailee needed a diaper change bad so I helped Windy with that. We had to do it the Peruvian way which was an experience let me tell u. Poor girl was so upset. After dinner we headed to the main street. They were having a youth ralley where a group from Lima was doing a christian drama, music thing but we ended up missing it. It was over just as we showed up. That's ok though because four of the girls from the orphange was there so we got to hang out with them for a little while. We also got to talk to some of the people from Lima who were touring. Most of them knew some English so that was cool! Then we walked back to the orphanage. Karen was teaching everyone Japaneese. The girls thought it was so funny. They wanted u to say Owww b/c that is blue in Japaneese so they would say, "How do u say Blue? (in Japaneese) and then pinch u to get u to say owwww! Crazy girls. It was a good laugh though. So my final part to the day....I ate some of my favorite Peruvians snacks, chatted to Kim, Jimmy, Alissa, and my mom for a bit on the computer, am writting this blog and am then writing in my journal and heading to bed. Tmro is a busy day so I want to be well rested! I could go way more detailed but that would get really boring! Hope that is enough for you (cough, cough, Kim :) )

5 comments:

Armstrong's said...

Thanks for the details- loved it. I was hoping you were done with the lice battle- apparently not! I can't believe you'll be home next week. Does it seem like it went by really fast? Will you come over and tell more stories before you head back to SBU?!

I got to hang out with both of your sisters yesterday. Pnut and Kailey made us dinner at the Wilson's and Shelby babysat a bit during the day (Samuel loves her- calls her Shellshy). Anyways- we thought about you a lot! See you soon!

Emily

lisa guier said...

love the details. i don't think i could ever get kevin to do that. if you get a chance, show him what we mean by details. :) wow i didn't realize either that the lice cleaning was still going on. have you gotten used to cold showers?

AiMeE jOnEs ;) said...

I can be more detailed because I have a lot more time on my hands then he does. lol I actually have gotten use to the showers. Mine really hasn't been bed though. Only if I forget to turn the fan off or someone uses the water while I am in the shower. Yes the lice battle is a long one. It is getting better though but still a long way to go. A girl at my daycare back home had it and it took her a month to get rid of it so here with so many kids I am guessing longer.

lisa guier said...

ps. have you gotten shocked by the shower yet? beware of raising your arms to scrub your hair! :)

AiMeE jOnEs ;) said...

nope! I have been really lucky! :)