Tuesday, July 14, 2009

Lice- No Bueno :(

This morning started off very slow and relaxing. We went to go have lunch with the kids but they ate early so we missed out. Rita, Karen, and I stayed and painted all of the girl's nails! It was a lot of fun! They were all so excited! It blew my mind how patient and thoughtful they all were! They took turns waiting for us to paint their nails and even shared colors with no fighting! Then we played a game of slap jacks with the boys. After that we went back to our house and had lunch. After lunch Rita and I went and played basketball with the boys. (Gerson, Yohnson, yowell, and Christopher) It was girls verse boys. We were doing pretty good until Kevin came along. lol After that Rita and I went to the store and then made spaghetti. After that I checked Rita's hair for lice because it was itching really bad. We found a total of 21 bugs (I think that was the final count) and a ton of lice nets. We started at 7:30 and it is now 1am and we are still working on digging them all out. We sprayed all of the mattresses, put all of our clothes in bags and washed our hair with lice shampoo. No Bueno! We all decided we are going to use the shampoo every ten days just as a procotion! God is good for being with us because we all were grossed out majorly!
And a small update on the little girl who had the surgery. Everything went well and she is in recovery until tmro.

4 comments:

Armstrong's said...

I'm so impressed with you digging in and getting out all of those lice. I think that would have made my stomach quesy! Sounds like you are settling in well :). I love hearing your updates!

melissa said...

ohh nooooo!!! nooo goood nooo good!!!! way to be hands on and getting in there!!! my head is itching just thinking about it! keep us updated and wash your hair RIGHT NOW!!!
love you lots,

lisa guier said...

wow you are an amazing roommate. you are digging lice out of her hair and have known her for less than a month. I would do the same as you; use the lice shampoo every 10 days! i told kevin that lice were close by. :) sounds like you are great with the kids as i knew you would be. your comment about gerson cracked me up.

Kailey Jones said...

Ahahahahaha aj this is sooooo funny!! Not because I want my sister to have lice, but because I can just picture this and I am literally rolling laughing. I wish I was with you to see it :) Oh, good times!!