Tuesday, July 14, 2009

Swine Flu

So I didn't get to tell you all that on Saturday night I found out that the kids have off school for 3 weeks because of the cases of the Swine Flu in Peru. No worries it's not here in Pacasmayo! lol And anyways the safest place to be is in the center of God's will so I am not worried about it. ha ha So Yesterday the kids didn't go to school. I was excited beacuse that means we have more time to play and hang out with the kids but I was still a little bummed because I was looking forward to seeing what teaching English here would be like.
In the morning Karen, Emma, Peggy and Wanda and I went into the market. We were there all morning because the ladies had lots of shopping to do. Let's just say it's not like wal-mart lol. I took some pictures but I am still on Kevin's computer so hopefully when mine gets up and running I will load some for u because you guys have to see this. I will just leave it as a suprise. This guy came up to me holding a box stuffed full of live baby chicks. He asked me if Iwanted to buy one....and I am pretty sure those aren't for pets. :) It is so different. Not in a bad way though. After the market Kevin, Rita, Karen and I had lunch with the kids. After lunch Kevin and the little girl here ( I would tell you her name but I would butcher the spelling) left for Trujillo. She is the one who has the tumor. I just got news from Peggy that the surgery went well. Thanks for the prayers those of you who knew. Sry I meant to get on earlier but I never got a chance. They are still waiting to see if it is cancerous though. Rita and I (well mainly rita) lol taught the kids those games you can do with the string on your fingers. You know like Jacob's ladder and a broom ect. It took me forever to figure out one of them. Betzy a little girl here and Gerson were teaching me for like an hour. I could do it, I just couldn't remember it on my own. I finally got it and Gerson said Thank you God! (in English) It was toooo cute! After that I played a lot of volleyball and basketball. Then Rita, Karen and I went to bible study for the youth guys from the church here. We read through Genesis 26 last night. They read and then Cherry (an English teacher here) talked about it. It is in English to help them learn it. We talked all about God's promises. Such an important part of our walk with Christ yet they are often over looked. After the study we played so Charaids with movies and songs. hmmmm yeah try playing with a few guys that knew no English at all. It was interesting and very entertaining. :) After that I got to talk to my Meggie Moo Who and my beautiful family on skype! YEAH!!! So that is all for now!

3 comments:

Jodi Bales said...

Aimee! Lisa was telling me all about your trip and how you met Jeff at the airport..Sounds like God is already at work :) Can't wait to hear all your stories! Hope your day is going great playing with all the kids :) - Erin

Unknown said...

Sounds like you really are in the perfect place, playing with kids all day sounds like just what God wanted you to be doing! Enjoy the non-structured time with those sweet kids.
Amie

Meagan Leigh said...

Ah I made it to your blog!!! haha