Thursday, July 16, 2009

He Must Become Greater- I must become Less

As I was laying in bed last night, laying with no sheets, blanket, or pillow on my bed (due to my roomie having lice. lol) I was thinking about how blessed I am to have everything God has givin me. There are so many people here who have nothing and are out sleeping on the streets. Everyday when I am at home I am worried about my own life. It is about what I need to get done for the day. Here it is different. It is hard to explain. I was just thinking about how real those words.....God must become greater and I must become less. How big is my God and how small am I. God put me here on this earth to serve him and to do that it needs to be all about it.
Today Karen, Rita, and I were in charge of getting rid of the lice in the whole compund. Way easier said then done. There is so much to think of and with 40 kids and a unique set of supplies. It was sp much easier back home when we had to do this at my daycare. We went to the market and priced supplies and had a meeting with all the head people here to figure out the best way to work things. Rita and I went in and took 2 pairs of clothes and a towel from each child to seal in bags for 2 days to kill the lice. I felt like the grinch. It was horrible! Some of the kids didn't want to give up there clothes. After assuring them they would get them back in a couple days they finally gave them up.
I also scrubbed down desks in one of the classrooms in the school. One girl had a hannah montana sticker on her desk that I scrubbed at forever. I thought is was so funny that they know who she is! lol
After that I watched Kevin and some of the younger kids play duck duck goose and then headed to missionary night. We had some good omlets. To make these we put eggs and ingredients in a zip lock bag and put it in a pan of boiling water for awhile. Who knew that would make omlets.
Then Rita, Karen, and I, and 4 kids practiced a skit that we are going to preform on Saturday at one of the churchs here.
Now we are boiling hot water to wash some of the kids towels to kill the lice. I just got my head sprayed with vinegar. I can honestly say that I have never done that before. Another wierd thing- Kevin, Rita, Karen and I were walking back from the market when I saw someone walking a huge hog.....just like a dog. Right down the road we always take. It stopped to pee....which leads me to another good point- when walking in Peru never step on dark spots in the sand!
Good night all! Love you from Peru!

2 comments:

Meagan Leigh said...

Ok, so first of all...GROSS on the lice, I'm so sorry friend! I'll be praying that they'll just disapear! And that you don't get them. Second, OMLETS???!!! Awesome! I can't wait for you to show me how to do this next year and we can make them all the time! I love you and miss you friend!

AiMeE jOnEs ;) said...

ha ha ok I will show u! Fun times ahead!