Thursday, July 23, 2009

Yesterday was a slower day. We did laundry and cleaned some in the morning. I got to play with the kids a little before lunch. I was going to go eat lunch with them, but I saw that they were eating chicken feet soup so I passed. Rita and I made grilled cheeses that were pretty tasty! Later in the afternoon, Rita, Kevin and I went into town to look for movies. Rita, Karen, and I were going to stay in one house while Kevin stayed in the other all night so that the mom's and the older girls could have a sleepover. At our house we ended up playing cards and coloring all night. 4 hours worth! I have a huge stack of beautiful pictures that are going to be hanging up in my room when I get home. We put the kids to bed at 10pm which was a very interesting experience. They all started running all over the place. We finally got them situated with going to the bathroom and getting a drink and tucking them in...ect. One of the older boys was asleep when we got there at 6pm and he woke up about 9pm so we let him stay up playing cards with Rita and me for awhile. The house moms ended up coming home about 12:30pm so we lucked out and didn't have to stay the night. I heard the girls running around screaming with face painting on their faces so it looks like they had a great time. Today looks like another good laundry day and some playing with the kids before missionary night (which means some good food :) ) It is a bright sunny day here! Thank you Jesus for another wonderfull day to serve you! Love you all! Te Amo! (That's for you Sheryl!)

7 comments:

ritaleelovesyou said...

Aimee!!!
Love your use of spanish =]
You are awesome and I want you to know that God is going to honor your faithfulness, diligence, and service to Him. Trust in Him always, He's got your back ;)

lisa guier said...

I was hoping you had planned on taking your own pillow if you were spending the night. sounds like kevin got to leave earlier :) don't you have the most respect for those house moms who do that day in and day out!

ritaleelovesyou said...

Thank you for your comment! ha ha! I am only on like the first 5 pages but it is a start, right?
And thank you, you have a beautiful heart also. I have been blessed to know you and I look forward to keeping in touch and seeing you back next year!
-Ratita..ha ha

Unknown said...

Oh come on Aimee, you passed on chicken feet soup. Just kidding, sounds like you are having fun, and I agree with Lisa, those house moms have a tough job. Being house mom to one kid is hard enough, having that many would be crazy.

AiMeE jOnEs ;) said...

Yeah the house mom's definetly have a special calling. I think I am going to try and do something special for them before I leave. They deserve to have something special done for them. They are always working so hard and some of them have their own kids to take care of on their day off.

The Thurn Family said...

Aw come on Aimee - chicken feet soup sounds real tasty! I believe I'll try some when I'm there! JK! You're right, good ole' grilled cheese sounds better. Cute that you'll have those color sheets to bring home to you help remind you of your time and of the kids! Precious!
Continue to enjoy all God's little goodies!
:) ~Laci

ritaleelovesyou said...

Aimeeta, yeah that's your nickname from me ;)
I hope you are able to update your blog today with no troubles. I know it has been rough not being able too, he he he!
Me president?? riiiight! ha ha!
But thanks!
And thanks, I am trying to be positive and not negative in anything and I appreciate the encouraging words and compliments!
You have blessed me greatly with your attitude and submission to the Lord!!
Love you mi Aimeeta!
=)Ratita