Friday, July 31, 2009

Azucena's Quincenerra

Yesterday was a crazy day. It was so full of things and today us girls are leaving at 10am to go on a youth retreat the church is having. They are all going camping and we should get back Saturday sometime before 5pm. I am excited for this adventure but a little unsure of camping peruvian style. lol
So yesterday morning Karen, Sheri Sam's, and I went to the school to move the library to a different room. They are getting ready to do some construction on the school to expand some rooms and such. Then we came back here and did some more shampooing on the kids. So many kids running all around everywhere.....it just takes up so much time. But that's ok because it is a very important job and really I would just be with the kids anyways! Then I had lunch with the kids in the first house. I am starting to get close to all the older girls in there. They are a lot of fun, but totally boy crazy!!!! After that I tagged along with the Sam's family and Kevin. They went into town for lunch and then did a little shopping by the beach. Then when I got back all the kids were already getting ready for the big party that night- Azucena's Quincenerra. I helped a bunch of the girls get ready. It was a lot of fun. Rita and I both straightened our hair- which the kids were amazed with! (Especially Rita's hair b/c she has really curly hair!) Then we went to the party which was at 8pm. We were there until a little after 11pm. I can't think of the name of them now but you know those little guys who dress up in the fancy outfits with sombreros and play insturments and sing. Well they were there! They started playing when the paster walked in with Azucena. They played several songs, there were a couple prayers, and a short little speak about becoming a women. Then there was a lot of really good food (some of it a little interesting). It was apparently a much shorter version then they normally are. I thought it was a lot of fun, but I wouldn't have wanted it any longer. Yeah I think that is about it for now. I need to go get ready to go CAMPING!

2 comments:

lisa guier said...

please tell azusana that she looked beautiful! (I don't know if she remembers me thougth) we were able to go to Norma's quincenera while we were there. it's quite a production. can't wait to hear about camping.

ritaleelovesyou said...

What were you doing awake at 6:30 in the morning? Crazy girl!
Love the pictures by the way, even though they are in a different post, I will tell you here and now that they are good pictures =]
Even if everyone is not smiling in them!