Saturday, July 18, 2009

The Sin Chair




















This is us practicing our skit before we performed it today. The chair at first says "don't touch" and then at the end it says "sin". Rita comes in first, then me, then Karen, then Gerson is the little boy who sits down in the chair, Norma is the one who walks in hesitating to take the chair, Cristofer is the one pulling on me and showing his muscles, and Marinella is the one who walks in with the bible and is reading. Sin traps man in a prison that separates him from God. Then deceives him into believing there is no escape. Salvation sets men free from that prison reuniting them with God. Not all choose salvation. Joshua 25:15- "But if serving the Lord seems undesirable to you, then choose for yourselves this day whom you will serve....." We have had a great time practicing. Hopefully we can all keep a straight face while we are preforming! I will let you all know how it goes.

Today we went to the other church to finally do our skit. We watched a video about Joseph and then we sang songs and played duck, duck, goose with the people there. All the people were very friendly and welcoming. The skit went really well and the kids did great. I met a little baby named Amy today...it was very exciting since that isn't a spanish name! lol It was cool because I got to really talk with Norma. She is 11 or 12 I think. We had a great time laughing and talking even though I don't speak spanish. lol I gave her one of the rings I was wearing because she really liked it. Her smile was priceless! After the skit, Kevin, Rita, Karen and I went into the market to buy lice killing stuff. We then went and took some mattresses from the kids to get the lice off of them. It wasn't as bad as taking the clothes but I still felt bad. Then me and the girls watched Griffin and Phenix...sp? It was a really good movie!





1 comment:

ritaleelovesyou said...

The skit turned out good,I think. Even if they did not understand it all, ha ha. It was fun at the church! I think the kids enjoyed themselves.
And I loved watching the Joseph video, I understood it without knowing what they were saying in spanish, ha ha!
I am glad you liked Griffin and Phoenix, even if it was sad!
I am glad to have this time with you also, it's been great!
Keep up the blog, I'll be a faithful commenter ;) he he!